What is the onboarding flow?
The onboarding flow automates onboarding and registration for new users on the platform. The onboarding flow is a webapp hosted on a TMF server. Using the onboarding flow a new user can get access to the platform without the need of manual intervention of an admin. The user is guided step by step through the onboarding process. When the flow is completed a person on the platform is created
You can have different onboarding flows for one platform, with different options for each. Like this, you can provide users related to a company or a municipality with specific access to your platform and offer different service levels. For example with a specific onboarding flow for an organisation new registrants are automatically added to the correct group on the platform.
The goal of the onboarding flow is to have new users onboard without the need of manual intervention. Verification of new users happens via one of the following ways
Connecting with share holder registry
The onboarding flow connects to your share holders' registry. Only if the user is listed as a member of your cooperative access is granted. Currently the onboarding flow only integrates with a specific version of DAR (Flanders, Belgium)
Specific email domain
Access is only granted for a specific email URL domain. This way, you can grant access to a user having an email address from a particular company or municipality.
Unique action code
The user enters a pre-generated unique code. Only if the code is known in the system the user is granted access. This can be used to distribute vouchers.
- Upload of ID and drivers' license
- Automatic recognition and extraction of data of Belgian ID cards and Belgian driving licenses
- Specific logo and url
- Work address (used when a company has several departments)
- Welcome email when the user completes the flow
- Email to admin when user started flow but did not complete
- Indicate to share a billing account with a partner
Current limitations and outlook
- Payment step in the onboarding flow
- Refactoring to same framework as the rest of the platform for same look and feel and even better integration.