The TMF platform supports the use of iLOCK IT bicyle locks as beta functionality. The recommanded use is for a limited subset of clients or for test projects.
The functionality limited and user experience needs to be improved, but as TMF members gather experience with the lock new features and improvements will be developed.
Suggestions can be made via the new feature base camp.
Configuration in control center
- add a new vehicle (car) via control center
- choose ilock it bike lock as hardware type in the hardware tab
- add a vehicle service unit (previously car config) and link the physical vehicle (car) that you created in step 1 to this vehicle service unit. Configure the other parameters as it was an electric car you are integrating in your fleet.
- open a support ticket with TMF support linking to the physical vehicle (car) tat you created in step 1. TMF will setup a secure channel to communicate the secret key for this lock. The secret key is used to authenticate and control the lock via bluetooth
tips and tricks
How can I transport a connected lock - it is allways closed when no reservation is active. This results in the alarm going every time I move it?
You can make a reservation with your app, open the lock and then terminate the reservation with the control center. A warning will be showed, as the lock is not closed but you still can terminate the reservation
- locks can not be opened via control center as the lock is not connected to the internet
- no relevant battery information is shown in the app
- the user experience in the app is tailored around electric cars and not for bikes.
Does the lock fit on my bike
Download the model of the lock with all the dimensions. You can also print this out to see if it could fit your bike.
Use of GPS information
The TMF APP does not use the internal GPS of the lock. For the positioning of the Bycicle in the system, the position information from the mobil device is used. (Location service has to be enabled)
In case of robbery
(GPS Sharing (C2-04-S1) and GPS Sharing Premium (C2-04-S2)): In the event of theft, the acoustic alarm (100dB) on the bike is triggered via the lock and the GPS module is activated, which then continuously sends the position to Haveltec (Bike lock manufacturer). The position of the bicycle can be checked via their web:(https://tracking.ilockit.bike/) This is a separate service provided by Haveltec.